Physical Ed and Health
Welcome to the Physical Education Department!
The mission of the Physical Education Program is to teach students about health-related fitness, and physical competence in team & individual sports and provide opportunities for students to learn and participate in a variety of lifetime activities. This is called the new PE, where the focus is on leading a healthy lifestyle through a variety of lifetime activities and sports.
Our quality program will include the following indicators:
- Standards-based instruction.
- Developmentally appropriate activities.
- Develops skill acquisition.
- High level of engaged activity time.
- Builds self-esteem.
- Aligned assessments.
- Promotes safety and self-respect.
- Teaches sportsmanship.
- Connect to other content areas.
- Literacy strategies.